The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus™ is a high-energy, single sample bead-mill designed for small labs or budgets. The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus features a programmable timer, a powerful brushless motor, and variable 115/230 voltage compatibility.
The new Mini-Beadbeater-Plus™ is a high-energy bead-mill designed to violently agitate up to a half gram sample of biological material sealed inside a 2 ml microcentrifuge vial containing tiny glass, zirconia, or steel lysing beads. The grinding action of the beads (beadbeating) rapidly disrupts microorganisms and plant and animal tissue in 5-99 seconds.
Because cell disruption occurs inside sealed microvials, cross-contamination during homogenization is completely eliminated - an important feature for nucleic acid isolation. Sterile technique is easily accommodated for recovery of intracellular virus and bacteria from plant and animal cells and the non-foaming, non-aerosol method is ideal for recovery of enzymes, membranes and intracellular organelles.
The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus is also used for dry- or cryo-grinding. Heavier zirconia or steel beads and special breakage-resistant microvials are used. Hard samples such as hair, bone, teeth, seeds, and minerals are powdered in 5 - 30 seconds. All protocols developed with the Mini-Beadbeater-Plus are transferable to larger, higher-capacity Mini-Beadbeater models.
- Versatile - processes up to 400 mg (wet weight) of bacteria, yeast, algae, tissue culture cells, and plant and animal tissue
- Simple to operate with intuitive digital controls
- Two programmable time presets
- Safety interlock lid design
- Totally sealed homogenization - no dangerous aerosols
- Uses disposable 2 ml screw-cap microvials - no sample cross-contamination
- Proven, near horizontal shaking with a compressed figure-8 (3-D) pattern
- Powered by a maintenance-free, high torque brushless motor
- Dual voltage compatibility: 110 or 220 volt
- Motor: High torque, brushless motor with 4X greater power than commonly used brush or induction motors
- Dimensions: 10 inches width, 9 inches depth, 6 inches height, shipping weight 10 pounds
- Digital: Touch pad speed control: 1-99 seconds
- Precise microprocessor-controlled speed: 4350 oscillations/minute (rpm)
- Horizontal vial displacement of 0.75 inches - more efficient than vertical shakers
- Uses standard laboratory 2.0 ml, screw-cap microvials having a sharp conical bottom
- Cell or tissue capacity: 10 - 400 mg (wet weight)
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.