The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus™ is an upgraded version of the venerable Mini-BeadBeater-1. Improvements include a programmable timer, a powerful brushless motor and 115/230 VAC compatibility. The high-energy bead-mill rapidly and completely disrupts microorganisms and plant and animal tissue.
Cat. No. 1018, Mini-BeadBeater-Plus, 110/220 volt
The new Mini-BeadBeater-Plus™ is a high-energy bead-mill designed to violently agitate up to a half gram sample of biological material sealed inside a 2 ml microcentrifuge vial containing tiny glass, zirconia or steel lysing beads. The grinding action of the beads (beadbeating) rapidly disrupts microorganisms and plant and animal tissue in 5-90 seconds. Being an upgrade of the venerable MiniBeadbeater-1, new features include a programmable timer, a more powerful brushless motor and 115/230 VAC compatibility.
Because cell disruption occurs inside sealed microvials, cross-contamination during homogenization is completely eliminated - an important feature for nucleic acid isolation. And time is saved because no clean-up is needed between samples. Sterile technique is easily accommodated for recovery of intracellular virus and bacteria from plant and animal cells and the non-foaming, non-aerosol method is ideal for recovery of enzymes, membranes and intracellular organelles.
The Mini-BeadBeater-Plus is also used for dry- or cryo-grinding. Heavier zirconia or steel beads and special breakage-resistant microvials are used. Hard samples such as hair, bone, teeth, seeds, and minerals are powdered in 5 - 30 seconds. All protocols developed with the Mini-BeadBeater-Plus are transferable to larger, higher-capacity MiniBeadBeater models.
- Versatile - processes up to 400 mg (wet weight) of bacteria, yeast, algae, tissue culture cells, and plant and animal tissue.
- Simple to operate with intuitive digital controls.
- Two programmable time presets.
- Safety interlock lid design.
- Totally sealed homogenization - no dangerous aerosols.
- Uses disposable 2 ml screw-cap microvials - no sample cross-contamination.
- Proven, near horizontal shaking with a compressed figure-8 (3-D) pattern.
- Powered by a maintenance-free, high torque brushless motor.
- Dual voltage compatibility: 110 or 220 volt.
- Motor: High torque, brushless motor with 4X greater power than commonly used brush or induction motors.
- Dimensions: 10 inches width, 9 inches depth, 6 inches height, shipping weight 10 pounds
- Digital: Touchpad speed control: 1-99 seconds.
- Precise microprocessor-controlled speed: 4350 oscillations/minute (rpm)
- Horizontal vial displacement of 0.75 inches - more efficient than vertical shakers.
- Uses standard laboratory 2.0 ml, screw-cap microvials having a sharp conical bottom.
- Cell or tissue capacity: 10 - 400 mg (wet weight)
Other Info :
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.