Instructions for Use
- Place the black rubber seal on the top of the piston/screw.
- Put 100 to 500 mg of tissue into the barrel of the disposable liner. It is usually not necessary to pre-chop soft tissue.
- Partially insert the piston/screw into the barrel of the liner and slide the assembly into the press cylinder.
- Screw down the press. Extract exits from the pointed end of the liner. Continue screwing down the press until all of the sample has been extracted. More pressure beyond this point will shear the plastic tip and force it out of the press cylinder. However, because the liner is a disposable item no harm is done. With very small samples, some of the extract may remain in the liner tip but can be removed with a micropipette or small spatula.
- Unscrew the press and remove the used liner and the used piston seal. The white plastic poker provided is sometimes helpful.