The BioHomogenizer is a rotor-stator type tissue homogenizer designed to rapidly homogenize, disperse, and emulsify biological samples in aqueous media from 1 to 1000 ml. The BioHomogenizer includes both the motor and probe.
Cat. No. 1281, BioHomogenizer for 5-200ml samples, complete with 1.4 cm probe
Cat. No. 1281EUR, 230 volt version of No. 1281
Cat. No. 1285, BioHomogenizer for 100-2000ml samples, complete with 2.5 cm probe
Cat. No. 1285EUR, 230 volt version of No. 1285
The powerful 10,000 rpm motor is totally sealed and can be hand-held or stand mounted. During operation, the suspended material is repeatedly cycled through 12 narrow slits in the stator by the action of a high speed rotor. The material is rapidly sheared and disintegrated by the high frequency mechanical action. Complete homogenization of soft tissue (muscle, liver, brain, etc.) is usually achieved in one minute or less. Samples may be processed in a test tube chilled during treatment by immersion in an ice bath. Other applications include dispersion and emulsification of dairy and cosmetic products.
The BioHomogenizer comes complete. The price includes both motor and a probe of your choice.
- Versatile: Stainless-steel rotor-stator achieves any combination of mixing, emulsification, shredding, or chopping.
- Practical: The sample is usually contained in a test tube or beaker and can be kept cold by immersion in ice
- Handy and mobile. Easy to hold and feather-light
- Simple to use. No sample loss due to transfers from a blender vessel. Just hold it in a vessel and turn on the two-speed switch.
- Easy to clean. Rinse it under a tap or in a washing up container.
- Quality designed. Powerful two speed 7,000/10,000 rpm motor. Totally sealed and double insulated for safety.
- Simple operation. Two-postition momentary switch.
- Universal Motor: AC/DC 110V.
- Two Speeds: 7,000 and 10,000 rpm.
- Loading: 100 watts (designed for intermittent operation of less than 5 minutes per run).
- Insulation: Double insulated, sealed motor.
- Cable: Two-conductor.
- Overall Length: 33 cm
- Probe Length: 14.5 cm
- Stator Diameter: 1.4 cm or 2.5 cm (2 models available)
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz.
Other Info :
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. BioHomogenizer operating instructions are essentially the same as for the Tissue-Tearor. See https://www.biospec.com/instructions/tissue_tearor/.
Sorry, it looks like some products are not available in selected quantity.