SoniBeast - Small Sample Cell Disruptor
- Incredibly Fast
- 1 to 12 Sample Capacity
- One Button Simple
The NEW SoniBeast™ cell disruptor completely disrupts small samples of tissue or cells in seconds rather than minutes. It holds up to twelve 0.6 ml PCR microtubes each containing 1-100 mg of sample, or six 2 ml microvials each containing 10-400 mg sample.
Other applications for this high speed bead mill are fine grinding non-biological materials (nanoparticles, catalysts, magnetic media, pigments, etc.).
A sample pack of 0.6 ml locking PCR tubes is included with the SoniBeast. Please order Beads and additional Vials separately.
ATTENTION: We're really excited about this amazing new cell disrupter. It's the biggest improvement in bead-mill cell disrupter design since BioSpec Products came up with the Minibeadbeater in 1984. In order to give our "Beast" a good send off and for a LIMITED TIME ONLY*, we are EXTENDING OUR DISTRIBUTOR DISCOUNT TO ALL BUYERS OF THE NEW SONIBEAST. List price $1947, Discounted price $1584! SAVE 25%
* Expiration November 31, 2017
Our Price : $0.00
The SoniBeast™* cell disrupter homogenizes both microorganisms and plant and animal tissue using the smashing action of colliding ceramic beads (beadbeating). It departs from contemporary beadbeater machines by oscillating microtubes at a rate of 20,000 oscl/min...some 5 to 50 times faster than currently available beadbeating machines.
As expected, cell disruption occurs much faster when beads inside the tubes are moving at extraordinarily high rates. Disruption is completed in a few seconds rather than minutes. Faster disruption times favor higher quality and yields of nucleic acids and proteins because all cells in a tissue sample reach the protection of the extraction media much quicker. The operation of SoniBeast cell disrupter has also been simplified compared to conventional beadbeaters. The machine is operated by the push of a single button. No required manual clamping of tubes or vials onto the machine is required and the physical location of vials remain unchanged fron their starting point. Thus, the SoniBeast is the first high efficiency bead-mill cell disrupter offering compatibility with robotic systems.
The SoniBeast's tray capacity is one to twelve 0.6 ml PCR microtubes, each containing up to 100 mg of sample. Closer to the axis of the machine is an inner ring having six positiions that holds larger 1.5 or 2 ml microvials capable of processing up to 400 mg of sample. Beadbeating rates in the inner ring are lower and mimic that of conventional commercial beadbeaters, thus offering compatibility with earlier published work that used conventional bead-mill cell disrupters.
- Processes one to twelve 0.6 ml locking-cap PCR tubes each holding 1-100 mg (wet weight) of tissue or cells at ultra-high shaking energy or one to six 2 ml screw-cap microvials each holding 10-400 mg (wet weight) tissue or cells at conventional beadbeater shaking energy
- Motor Specifications: 110-120 V~AC, 1.6A, 21000 rpm [230 V corded and cordless versions will soon to be available..please enquire].
- Manual pulse or timed operation (0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, and 60 sec with auto-reset) with the push of a single button.
- Footprint: 5" wide x 16" deep. Seven inches high. Weight 11 pounds
- Two year Warranty
What's different about this beadbeater?
The SoniBeast departs from the traditional back-and-forth shaking motion of most bead mill-type cell disrupters. Rather, vials are vortexed at the extrordinarly high speed of 20,000 oscillations/minute. The mixing and grinding energy is many times higher than conventional bead milling or vortexing. Using 0.6 ml PCR tubes, 1 to 100 milligrams of tissue or cells can be lysed in in seconds rather than minutes.
The SoniBeast is designed to also hold up to six conventional 1.5 and 2 ml microvials. Samples in these larger microvials are lysed using conventional milder grinding conditions previously established in published beadbeating protocols.
Up to 12 tube(s) are inserted into a circular tube holder - the plate. Unlike most beadbeaters, no hold-down cap is used. After selecting a run time (typically 5-20 seconds) the SoniBeast is operated with the touch of a single button. As the machine come to a stop, the position of tubes and vials are in their exact starting position. This spacial reproducability, plus the absence of a hold-down cap, facilitates synergy with robotic laboratory methodology.
The bottom line? Quicker, Simpler, Less Consumables, Smaller Footprint.
For detailed operating instructions see http://www.biospec.com/content.php?cat=1082
- Because of the very high bead agitating energy of the SoniBeast, locking PCR tubes or screw cap microvials are required. For information on selecting beads, 0.6 ml locking PCR tubes or 2 ml microvials for the SoniBeast see links for accessories at the bottom of this web page.
- A prime targeting in developing the SONIBEAST was disruption of VERY small tissue sample sizes - milligram down to single cell. Our prototype SONIBEAST machines utilized tiny 0.2 ml microtubes. Beta testing in university labs of the prototype SoniBeast received rave reviews, but some users found handling these tiny 0.2 ml tubes challenging. A decision was made to upsize to 0.6 ml microtubes in our final commercial model. However, converting the commercial SONIBEAST back to handle smaller 0.2 ml tubes is easy. We can do it for you or you can do it yourself. Let us know if you are interested in this.