SoniBeast - Small Sample Cell Disruptor
The NEW SoniBeast™ cell disruptor completely disrupts small samples of tissue or cells in seconds rather than minutes. It holds up to twelve 0.6 ml PCR microtubes each containing 1-100 mg of sample, or six 2 ml microvials each containing 10-400 mg sample.
Other applications for this high speed bead mill are fine grinding non-biological materials (nanoparticles, catalysts, magnetic media or pigments, etc.).
A sample pack of 0.6 ml locking PCR tubes is included with the SoniBeast. Please order Beads and additional Vials separately.
ATTENTION: We're really excited about this amazing new cell disrupter. It's the biggest improvement in bead-mill cell disrupter design since we invented the Minibeadbeater in 1984. In order to give the "Beast" a good send off and for a LIMITED TIME ONLY, we are EXTENDING A 25 % DISCOUNT TO ALL BUYERS OF THE NEW SONIBEAST. Formerly $1947, now $1584!
Our Price : $0.00
The SoniBeast™* cell disrupter homogenizes both microorganisms and plant and animal tissue using the smashing action of colliding ceramic beads. It departs from contemporary beadbeater machines by oscillating tubes and microvials at a rate of 20,000 oscl/min...some 5 to 50 times faster than currently available beadbeating machines.
As expected, when beads within the tubes are moving at these high rates, cell disruption occurs much faster. Disruption is completed in a few seconds rather than minutes. The operation of SoniBeast cell disrupter has also been simplified. Manual clamping of tubes or vials is not required and the machine is operated by the push of a single button. Its capacity is twelve small samples (1-100mg) in 0.6 ml PCR microtubes or six larger samples (10-400 mg) in 1.5 or 2 ml microvials.
The SoniBeast is quieter and has a small footprint. Unlike other bead mill devices designed for cell disruption, the physical position of vials remain unchanged after beadbeating, thus offering facile integration with robotic systems.
- Processes one to twelve 0.6 ml locking-cap PCR tubes each holding 1-100 mg (wet weight) of tissue or cells at ultra-high shaking energies or one to six 2 ml screw-cap microvials each holding 10-400 mg (wet weight) tissue or cells at conventional beadbeater shaking energies
- Motor Specifications: 110-120 V~AC, 1.6A, 21000 rpm
- Manual pulse or timed operation (0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 40, and 60 sec with auto-reset)
- Footprint: 5" wide x 16" deep. Seven inches high. Weight 11 pounds
- Two year Warranty
What's different about this beadbeater?
The SoniBeast departs from the traditional back-and-forth shaking motion of most bead mill-type cell disrupters. Rather, vials are vortexed at the extrordinarly high speed of 20,000 oscillations/minute. The mixing and grinding energy is many times higher than conventional bead milling or vortexing. Using 0.6 ml PCR tubes, 1 to 100 milligrams of tissue or cells can be lysed in in seconds rather than minutes.
The SoniBeast is designed to also hold up to six conventional 1.5 and 2 ml microvials. Samples in these larger microvials are lysed using conventional milder grinding conditions previously established in published beadbeating protocols.
Up to 12 tube(s) are inserted into a circular tube holder - the plate. Unlike most beadbeaters, no hold-down cap is used. After selecting a run time (typically 5-20 seconds) the SoniBeast is operated with the touch of a single button. As the machine come to a stop, the position of tubes and vials are in their exact starting position. This spacial reproducability, plus the absence of a hold-down cap, facilitates synergy with robotic laboratory methodology.
The bottom line? Quicker, Simpler, Less Consumables, Smaller Footprint.
For detailed operating instructions see http://www.biospec.com/content.php?cat=1082
- Because of the very high bead agitating energy of the SoniBeast, locking PCR tubes or screw cap microvials are required. For guidance in selecting beads, 0.6 ml locking PCR tubes or 2 ml microvials for the SoniBeast see links for accessories at the bottom of this web page.
- Targeting disruption of VERY small tissue sample sizes - even down to single cell disruption, we designed our SONIBEAST prototype machines utilizing 0.2 ml microtubes. While, comparitive performance trials of the prototype in select University labs received rave reviews, some users commented on how challenging it was to handle these tiny 0.2 ml tubes. We decided to upsize to 0.6 ml microtubes in the commercial model. Nevertheless, it is very easy to convert the commercial SONIBEAST back to handling these tiny tubes. It can be done in a matter of minutes using a low cost kit we will be offering in the near future.