The Mini-Beadbeater-Plus™ is an upgraded version of the venerable Mini-BeadBeater-1. Improvements include a programmable timer, a powerful brushless motor and 115/230 VAC compatibility. The high-energy bead-mill rapidly and completely disrupts microorganisms and plant and animal tissue.
Cat. No. 1018, Mini-BeadBeater-Plus, 110/220 volt
Note: Vials and beads required for the MBB Plus will vary with the particular sample being disrupted and should be purchased separately. For guidance on selecting Beads and Vials see links in Browse box in the left margin of this web page. If you would like to discuss your application with a technical expert please e-mail us or give us a call at 918-336-3363.
Our Price : $0.00
The new Mini-BeadBeater-Plus™ is a high-energy bead-mill designed to violently agitate up to a half gram sample of biological material sealed inside a 2 ml microcentrifuge vial containing tiny glass, zirconia or steel lysing beads. The grinding action of the beads (beadbeating) rapidly disrupts microorganisms and plant and animal tissue in 5-90 seconds. Being an upgrade of the venerable MiniBeadbeater-1, new features include a programmable timer, a more powerful brushless motor and 115/230 VAC compatibility.
Because cell disruption occurs inside sealed microvials, cross-contamination during homogenization is completely eliminated - an important feature for nucleic acid isolation. And time is saved because no clean-up is needed between samples. Sterile technique is easily accommodated for recovery of intracellular virus and bacteria from plant and animal cells and the non-foaming, non-aerosol method is ideal for recovery of enzymes, membranes and intracellular organelles.
The Mini-BeadBeater-Plus is also used for dry- or cryo-grinding. Heavier zirconia or steel beads and special breakage-resistant microvials are used. Hard samples such as hair, bone, teeth, seeds, and minerals are powdered in 5 - 30 seconds. All protocols developed with the Mini-BeadBeater-Plus are transferable to larger, higher-capacity MiniBeadBeater models.
- Motor: High torque, brushless motor with 4X greater power than commonly used brush motors.
- Dimensions: 10 inches width, 9 inches depth, 6 inches height, shipping weight 10 pounds
- Digital: Touch pad speed control: 1-99 seconds.
- Precise microprocessor-controlled speed: 4350 oscillations/minute (rpm)
- Throw or vial displacement of 0.75 inches in the more efficient horizontal direction.
- Uses standard laboratory 2.0 ml, screw-cap microvials having a sharp conical bottom.
- Cell or tissue capacity: 10 - 400 mg (wet weight)
- Versatile - processes up to 400 mg (wet weight) of bacteria, yeast, algae, tissue culture cells, and plant and animal tissue.
- Simple to operate with intuitive digital controls.
- Two programmable time presets.
- Safety interlock lid design.
- Totally sealed homogenization - no dangerous aerosols.
- Uses disposable 2 ml screw-cap microvials - no sample cross-contamination.
- Proven, near horizontal shaking with a compressed figure-8 (3-D) pattern.
- Powered by a maintence-free, high torque brushless motor.
- Dual voltage operation, 110 or 220 volt.