The µ-MiniBeadbeater is an entry-level, small sample cell disruptor and grinder. Disruption performance is fully comparable to our other MBB models. For applications requiring a selection of shaking speeds, see the MiniBeadbeater-1 and MiniBeaadbeater-24. For processing more than one sample at a time, see MBB-16, MBB-24 and MBB-96.
Cat. No. TP308, 115 volt
Cat. No. TP308EUR, 230 volt
Our Price : $0.00
A non-foaming, non-aerosol method for isolating enzymes, nucleic acids and organelles from small tissue and unicellular samples. It is commonly used with PAGE, PCR applications and diagnosis using antibody or oligonucleotide probes. High yields of intact DNA or RNA are obtained by simultaneous disruption and extraction in phenol, guanidinium-SCN solution, or a commercial kit reagent. The low cost beads and vials are disposable, so there is absolutely zero cross-contamination concerns when processinf multiple samples - an essential feature for PCR techniques.
For example applications see Selected Applications Using the Mini-Beadbeater
- Touch pad control of homogenization time (1 and 3 min preset, variable 0.1 to 5 min)
- Digital countdown display and auto time reset
- Oscillations/minute: 4400
- Vial capacity: special 1.5 ml microvial with screw-cap (see below). Working volume of extract 0.1 - 1.0 ml
- Cell or tissue capacity up to 300 mg (wet weight)
- Protective cover with safety interlock
- Rapid and highly efficient
- Totally sealed sample - no dangerous aerosols
- Simple to use
- Disposable vials and beads - no sample cross-contamination
- Very high energy shaking - Uses proven, near horizontal shaking in a compressed figure-8 pattern.
- Versatile - use for up to 300 mg (wet weight) of bacteria, yeast, algae, tissue culture cells or plant and animal tissue
The μ-MiniBeadbeater uses beads and special screw-cap vials. Please order separately (see "Beads" and "Vials" links in left margin). For advice on what beads to use for your particular sample contact us directly at http://www.biospec.com/support/.