BioSpec Products is proud to offer 96-well microplates and sealing mat from Porvair Sciences. These microplates are a great match for those looking for the highest level of processing throughput from their Mini-BeadBeater-96.
BioSpec has tested many plate/mat combinations and has concluded that the performance of the Porvair plates far exceeded that of other commercially-available deep well microplates. The Porvair plates and mats withstood the powdering samples of human hair using two 3.2 mm chrome steel beads in the Mini-BeadBeater-96. Most other plates cracked or even had holes punched through them under these high levels of grinding force. Additionally, a leading UK contract genomics lab has tested the plates and found that they could survive 4 minutes of bead beating with barley seeds, a notoriously hard carpel to crack, in a high speed shaking bead mill using a 6 mm steel grinding ball.
Porvair Sciences 96 well, reinforced polypropylene, 2 ml square deep well plates have extra ribbing underneath the plate to support its use with the Mini-BeadBeater-96. These microplates are made of specially formulated polypropylene and are designed to work with their matching, reusable mats. While the Porvair plates can be sealed with adhesive-bonded or heat-bonded films, these films do not prevent leaking caused by the intense shaking of the Mini-BeadBeater-96. It is highly recommended to use the matching sealing mats when processing samples in the Mini-BeadBeater-96.
If you would like to check the integrity of your currently utilized deep well plates on the Mini-BeadBeater-96, please contact us for a simple testing procedure.
To achieve thorough sealing of the mat to the microplate you may want to use a mat roller, see below.
- Plates are made from virgin polypropylene
- Mats are made from EVA
- Tested for low extractables
- Tight specification levels
- V bottom to allow total liquid removal, partial collection and to aid re-suspension
- No inner edges to allow better collection of magnetic beads
- Manufactured under DNase/ RNase free environment
- Plates are autoclavable
- Working volume of 2ml
- Raised well rims to improve heat sealing
- Conical base which aids sample concentration, reconstitution, and centrifugation
- Plates and mats are DNase / RNase free