The BeadBeater is the ultimate laboratory-scale homogenizer for disrupting aqueous suspensions of yeast, fungi or bacteria. Complete cell lysis of 10-80 g (wet weight) of cells is achieved in about three minutes of operation.
The BeadBeater comes complete with a 350 ml polycarbonate chamber, rotor assembly, motor base, ice-water cooling jacket, and your choice of one pound of glass beads...
Select the catalog number ending in...
-101 for 0.1 mm glass beads
-105 for 0.5 mm glass beads
-110 for 1.0 mm glass beads
Also, if the BeadBeater is to be used in countries with a 220-240 volt power supply, please select the catalog number containing "EUR."
Our Price : $0.00
The BeadBeater bead-mill methodology is considered superior to other mechanical methods of microbial cell disruption. And, in most cases, it is the most economical. The BeadBeater disrupts microorganisms, single-cell preparations and pulverized plant and animal tissue with better than 95 percent efficiency. Up to 80 grams (wet weight) of cells can be processed in a typical three minute run. Relying on a unique crushing or cracking action rather than high the shear forces found with a French Press or sonicator, a Teflon impeller rotating at high speed forces thousands of minute glass* beads to violently collide in a special clover-leaf shaped vessel. Cells are disrupted quickly, efficiently and safely in the sealed system. The apparatus is easy to clean, has a small footprint, requires no auxiliary supplies or equipment and is essentially maintenance free. Beads settle out in seconds and are reusable.
* Note: Glass beads and zirconia-silica beads having diameters of 0.1 mm, 0.5 mm and 1 mm are prefered grinding media. Larger beads and heavier beads such as steel beads cannot be adequately agitated.
- Homogenizing chamber made of shatter-proof polycarbonate, 350 ml total volume, 200 ml working
- Rotor machined from solid Teflon
- 15,800 rpm, 3/8 HP single speed motor
- 6 inch dia. footprint X 12 inch high, shipping wt. 11 lbs
- 115 Volt, 50/60 Hz, 3 wire grounded cord. (European 220/240 Volt, 50 Hz, 400 watt version is available)
- Ideal for isolating proteins, enzymes and intact intracellular organelles
- Powerful, high speed motor. Only durable, non-toxic components contact the product
- Designed for batches up to 80 g (wet wt.) in 200 ml of medium
- Highly efficient disruption in shortest times possible
- Sample cooling during homogenization is simple and efficient
- Homogenizer clean-up and mantinance is uncomplicated and easy
CONTROLLING SAMPLE WARMING. Like many mechanical cell disruption techniques, the Beadbeating process generates heat. In general for every minute of beadbeating there is a 10 degree rise in sample temperature. Should that be a problem, the ice-water jacket included with the BeadBeater helps keep this temperature increase under control. Superior control is achieved using an accessory stainless steel or aluminum sample chamber. See accessories below.
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. See http://www.biospec.com/instructions/beadbeater/.